Funeral expenses are on the rise and to get an honourable burial without bringing any liability to the loved dear and near one is not only a dream but an inherent birth right. Unfortunately it is not recognized by law and only safe option is funeral insurance. As the premiums for this policy is on a steady increase, it is better to go for it at the earliest. There are certain things to consider before taking this policy
Things to Know about Funeral Insurance
- First of all make sure that the policy you have bought is sufficient enough to cover all the burial expenses.
- Age limit for this cover is between 50 and 85 and make sure that you take this policy within this period.
- Make sure that you are the beneficiary, if you are buying it through a funeral home to take advantage of group insurance benefits.
- By taking through a funeral home, you are preplanning your funeral and paying it in advance; and this saves not only money but also grief.
- Get the best quote from the agents by comparing prices.
- Plan for the inevitable in advance and keep ready all the documents in order.
- Give the policy to the trusted members of your family, so that they can make immediate claim.
- Have a thorough knowledge about the disbursal of benefits and keep your dear ones aware about it. This will ease their burden at the time of grief.
- The policy may cover the cost of burial plot and let your family know about it.
- Tell your family and relatives about the policy and where it is kept.
- It is the best policy, if you cannot buy a life insurance cover as this policy is sold up to 85 years old.
- There are only few questions asked and there are no blood tests for funeral insurance.